Sunday, December 12, 2010

Friendship creates energy


Since I spend so much time with animals I find I sometimes have trouble relating to people. So I try my luck at blogging with varying degrees of success. I often end up writing into the void which forces me to reach out from my comfort zone to find people who I don’t have much in common with. Like just the other day I commented on the blog of a successful saleswoman who said she was trying to help other woman find balance and success. Then she read one of my blogs and left a comment.




Her comment was only a few words, mostly just acknowledging the fact that she was there and that I seemed to be someone from a different planet. That assessment didn’t bother me because I get that reaction fairly often. What was interesting to me as I read deeper into her comment was my awareness of the effort she put into reaching me, just as I had made an effort to reach her. But our motives were entirely different.



Being a successful saleswoman had brought her to the realization that reaching out and touching anyone who appears in her conscious awareness creates energy which in turn can be turned into money or success as she likes to call it. This idea made me think of the welcome person at Walmart. Now the Walmart people are aware of the fact that if they pay a person to touch the mind of the people coming into the store, this person will create energy which they, in turn, can convert into money.



Now when I meet the welcome person at Walmart, I let myself be fooled into thinking he or she really likes me and I genuinely touch her mind back in a caring way. This gives me access to the energy created and it takes the whole situation out of the economic realm and more into the metaphysical realm. I always said that when I reach enlightenment, I’m going to become a welcome person at Walmart and be genuinely glad to see every person who comes through the door.



There is a point to this blog and I’m getting to it now. It’s so important to reach out and touch other people in friendship simply to partake of this sacred, created energy because another name for this energy is love and it should never be put on the open market. “Seek first the kingdom of God, and the rest will be granted.”

14 comments:

  1. Well, Suzzy, if you are from another planet, I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that I’m from the same place.

    There seems to be a bit too much ‘love for sale,’ and not enough of the genuine stuff.
    The enigmatic, masked blogger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Mask, I believe we have the genuine stuff between us. From one alien to another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seem to me a genuinely great person with great writing ability.
    Popping over from Bruce Coltin's blog.

    Have a wonderful week ahead!
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Betty, Thanks for your lovely comment. I just popped over to your site to admire the pictures of London you posted. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Minx, Thanks for stopping by. Hope all is well in your world. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by to say thank you so much for both the kind words and for the follow.
    I am now following you back.

    Wish you well and hope you have a great week ahead!
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Betty, Thanks for stopping by and following my rambles. I noticed that you are into economics and I have some ideas on the subject that I would like to share with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well written! If I could marry you right away I would lol! I also love animals more than people. I find my sanity just taking care of my pets. I think reaching out to other people who are indeed is one of the noblest act you could do, not only for the person, but most especially for yourself. Realizing how blessed you are makes you contented in so many ways.
    I would really want to spend the remaining days of my life on a farm. Maybe 40 years from now haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gelovsky, Well I am available, but you have to make me an offer I can't refuse.lol

    Yes taking care of animals is a wonderful way to make a living. Everyone could learn a great deal from animals. Thanks for your lovely comment. Hope you do get that farm for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, if you are from another planet, I want to live on yours! A Course in Miracles teaches that we are only as connected to God as we are to other people. That is, we can't be separated from other people and connected to God.

    I love the benediction our pastor gives. The words are those of a 16th century monk, I think. "Life is short and we have but little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel this way with us. Oh, be swift to love. Make haste to be kind."

    I especially love "Make haste to be kind." There is no time to waste. I made this step 5 of my 10 Steps to Finding Your Happy Place.

    What a thoughtful post. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Galen, I have read A Course in Miracles book and was very impressed by the truths I found there. And certainly, "Be swift to Love" is one of them. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the first post on your blog that I have read...I will explore some more to be sure. It is a great eye opener...or is it a reminder, I'm not quite sure, of how relationships and our need for contact with people has changed. I am energized though blogging, despite the fact my blog began purely as my my venting place. Galen's blog is helping me with that story! Great to 'meet' you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jack, Great to meet you too. Hope you stick around and we become friends.

    ReplyDelete